2018 Fiscal Management I— $250.00 per person plus travel, lodging, and meals.
This course is designed to give council staff and volunteers a greater understanding of the fiscal management and administrative processes of a local council. The greatest benefits from this course occur when the Scout executive and accounting specialist attend together as well as the council treasurer or other finance volunteers. Due to changes in administrative and accounting requirements of not-for-profit organizations, participation in the course is suggested at least every three years.
- learning to create and evaluate financial statements without knowing debits and credits,
- who sets the accounting standards,
- interpreting your council's financial statements,
- making your financial data easy to understand for board members,
- managing your cash flow,
- preventing fraud and abuse,
- internal controls,
- audits and relationships with auditors, and
- understanding industry changes and trends.
|Used this before? Click here to autofill this form|