| Training Information
Become a Certified Instructor of the Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program! Learn how to help others take control of their arthritis through this valuable program.
The Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program Instructor Training will provide you with the in-depth knowledge necessary to successfully lead Exercise Program classes.
Training fee information and the registration form can be found below. Please read the following then complete the online registration application at the bottom of this page.
Role: Plan and lead quality Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program classes. Position Description
Prerequisites for attending an Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program Instructor Training Workshop include:
Other desirable abilities include:
- First Aid Certification is strongly recommended for Instructors
- Empathy towards people with arthritis and related diseases gained through personal or professional experience.
- Interest in working with groups of people with arthritis and related diseases.
- Experience in teaching exercise classes and skill in group process and instructional techniques.
- Desire and ability to help others.
- Strong belief in the value of regular physical activity.
- Affiliation with an agency that meets Arthritis Foundation facility standards.
You will be notified when you are accepted into the course and be sent more information within two weeks. Please register at least 10 days prior to the class. Online registration will close 1 week before the scheduled class.
For the class:
Binder, lunch and snacks will be provided. Please bring coffee, tea or other beverages if you wish. Once accepted into the course, you will be mailed a pre-training booklet to be completed for to the workshop. Complete the booklet and bring it to the training. You must attend the entire training.
In order to remain certified by the Arthritis Foundation, you must:
Successfully teach at least six one-hour Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program classes within six months of completing the training workshop and submit participant data and completed certification application form to the Arthritis Foundation.
Teach at least one class series annually and submit participant data.
Attend a re-certification training every three years.
Questions? Contact Rachel Batten at email@example.com or 205-314-8445
|| 235 Inverness Center Drive
Hoover, AL 35242