WHAT IS ADVOCACY?
Advocacy is working together as individuals to actively support a cause, policy or idea. As our priority, we are most concerned about those pieces of legislation, initiatives, or propositions we feel will directly impact people with Alzheimer’s disease, their families and/or the caregivers. We look at local, statewide and federal legislation.
WHAT IS PUBLIC POLICY?
Public policy is the development of laws and regulations that impact consumers in the marketplace.
- To bring the concerns and needs of individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other related disorders and their families to the awareness of elected officials
- To influence and impact public policy issues
- To have many voices-one message.
- Become an advocate TODAY: click here
- Join the Public Policy Committee (contact Libby Connally to participate)
- Vote in your local, state and federal elections.
- Write, call, and visit a public official.
- Attend a public hearing or forum.
- Testify before a public hearing
- View the video clip to learn more
For more information contact:
North Central Texas Chapter
Phone: 325.672.2907 or 800.272.3900