The Montana Chapter is a member of the Hadassah Desert Region. It is a special organization as it is one of only two Hadassah chapters to cover an entire state. The members of Montana Hadassah organize local book clubs and fund raising events. But we also come together as a single group each year to plan activities, share our interests and knowhow, and get to know one another. Although the physical distances between us is large, the over 100 members share their enthusiasm for the Hadassah mission and strive to create a sense of Jewish community.
Interested in Joining?
Click the "Join Us" button above to become a new member or transfer your existing Hadassah membership to your new Montana address. Don't wait to get in touch. Give us a call!
- Flathead Valley Book Club
- In the Flathead Valley, the Hadassah Book Club meets the first Wednesday of each month at 6 pm. We meet at a restaurant or park or home, enjoying food for our stomachs as well as food for our minds. Contact Melissa Werner at email@example.com for location information. New readers are always welcome!
- Statewide Events
- 2012 Annual Montana Hadassah Chapter Meeting
NATURE, NAMES AND NOSH
- Here are some ideas for fund raisers. Let us know if you have some others to suggest.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!