Hadassah HVOS Home
Welcome to Hadassah Valley of the Sun! We hope you will take a few minutes to browse our website and learn about our chapter’s members, groups, events, projects in Israel, advocacy issues and more. If you’re not a member of Hadassah, we hope you’ll think about becoming one! We’d be proud to include you in our Chapter! If you have any questions or comments about anything you see (or don’t see) on this website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 480-998-1880.
For additional information, contact: Sheilah Wagner, 480-639-3730
Join us on Feb. 23 as HVOS welcomes back to the Valley author Maggie Anton for her program “Jewish Sorceress and Talmudic Rabbis: Strange Bedfellows,” where Maggie will talk about the research behind her latest historical novel, ENCHANTRESS. The program will be held at Pueblo Norte, 7090 E Mescal St, Scottsdale, from 6:45-9 p.m. To RSVP contact Elaine Goldenthal, email@example.com or 480. 905.1188.
Negev 15th Annual Brunch
This year's event will be held in honor of Lorraine Wolek, who passed away at the end of September. Lorraine was a Past President of the Negev group, who was always involved in fundraising. All of the food will be prepared by Hadassah members and will feature Jewish dairy and vegetarian dishes, as well as delicious kugels and desserts. The event will also include a silent auction, a bake sale and numerous raffle items.
HMO's Sarah Wetsman Davidson Hospital Tower in Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, is already home to the hospital's Neurosciences Center, and Departments of Cardiothoracics, Orthopedic and Vascular Surgery, and others. We need to finish equipping and furnishing the Tower. When you make a tax deductible $100 donation to the Tower Campaign, a beautiful sterling silver open heart necklace is your thank you gift. Donate today and receive your free necklace.
Check Us Out on Facebook!
or other information to be featured on our Facebook page, please contact Shulamit Appel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Hadassah chapter has a variety of cards for all different occasions. Periodically we will showcase different cards for you to preview.
The High Holidays are approaching soon!
Currently Featured: Rosh Hashanah Cards
- Our Events
- We have several Chapter programs as well as community wide programs that we are sponsoring. Please join us for these exciting, stimulating and worthwhile programs.
- Cards & Certificates
- Our local Hadassah chapter has a variety of Hadassah Cards for all different occasions, as well as a fine selection of Hadassah and JNF Certificates.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!