Welcome to the Florida Atlantic Region Website!
Look how we've grown!
So, who are you?
We are sure to have a chapter that is perfect for you! Let us get to know each other, NOW.
OUR NEWEST MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM:
An online only membership for women 17+ who are big on caring and short on time.
Through closed Facebook and Linkedin groups, the eMember can network with like-minded women who take pride in their Jewish connection. Early registration for online webinars and access to the National Professional Directory (coming soon) are just a few of the benefits that allow the eMember to find her time and place in Hadassah.
The eMember stands side-by-side with the 330,000 members, associates and supporters, who empower women to take control of their health, advocate for women’s rights and Israel’s security, support groundbreaking medical research, and promote humanitarian efforts around the world.
eMEMBERSHIP IS ONLY $100.
Click here for the Winter, 2014 FAR & Near E-Bulletin.
The next Bulletin will be available in late March, 2015.
SAVE THE DATE: Hadassah Shabbat Zachor
FAR Hadassah will be hosting Hadassah Shabbat Zachor on
MAZEL TOV ON THE BIRTH OF OUR NEWEST CHAPTER!
B'not Hadassah (Daughters of Hadassah)
is a Young Working Women's Chapter in Boca Raton.
Please call the Region Office at 561-498-1012 if interested in joining!
We hope our website will provide a better opportunity to communicate with you and with each other. Within these web pages, you will discover a wide array of Florida Atlantic Region events and programs, as well as National initiatives and chapter happenings. We want to hear from you. Send us your ideas, comments, articles, questions and suggestions.
Do not forget to fill in your e-mail address on our "JOIN NOW" link (See top of this page), and we will respond to your feedback.
SAVE THE DATE:
BOOK AND AUTHOR :
To accommodate all our region members, we have arranged for our 2 authors to speak on 2 succeeding days:
THURSDAY, MARCH 5, 2015 AT
FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2015 AT
BOTH ARE 9:30 am - 3:00 pm.
Tickets are still available. Call the Region office: 561-498-1012.
Couvert: $60/member or $65/non-member
Seating is limited, and on a first come first serve basis.
Date of event must be chosen at time of purchase. Credit card payment will be accepted only with completed form.
Payment must be received with reservation.
No refunds of exchanges after February 17th.
Any special dietary request must be made at time of purchase (Sugar-free, etc.)
BOOKS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT THE REGION OFFICE.
FOLLOW YOUR HEART:
Purchase the newest piece of jewelry from National Hadassah, a beautiful Open Heart on a silver chain. Click the link to purchase.
If you cannot open the link to your e-bulletin at the top of this page, you may not have Adobe Reader installed. For a downloadable version of Adobe Reader,
Print bulletins will be sent or given only to those without access to a computer. Please let your members know. They can call the Region office to get a printed copy.
Please feel free to print your own copy, in whole or in part and pass it on to your Vice-Presidents and chairs. The next issue of FAR Horizons will be sent to all members with current e-mail addresses. REMEMBER: You must click the link to open it.
OUR MOST RECENT REPORT SAYS THAT ONLY A FRACTION OF MORE THAN 7000 RECIPIENTS ARE ACTUALLY OPENING THE BULLETIN. IT IS SAFE AND PRIVATE. PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK. It is the only way you will get Region information to disseminate to your members. If clicking on the link does not open the document, please call the Region office. We will send you a copy via e-mail.
If you do not receive your e-bulletin, please send your correct
THE WINNING ALL-OCCASION CARD FROM THE REGION ART COMPETITION
Call 561-498-1012 or come by to get some for your chapter.
OUR 2014 PROJECT WAS BREAST CANCER RESEARCH AND TREATMENT.
Watch this space for our project for 2015
GET WELL SOON
Have you got a friend who's under the weather? A family member who needs a good laugh? Send them a "Get Well Soon!" video. It will brighten your day, too.
The video stars medical personnel from Hadassah Hospital, Jerusalem.
Are you on Facebook? It's time to update to the 21st Century!
Go on to facebook at www.facebook/hadassah.com
Click here for the link to our facebook page.
History Comes Alive Before Our Eyes: Henrietta Szold, 1946 Film
Take action to ensure women's equality in Israel
As the largest women's Zionist organization in the United States, Hadassah always has had the greatest respect for all streams of Judaism and we have been among the leading supporters of a pluralistic Israel since its founding. This discrimination must stop. Read our statement.
CHECK OUT ALL THE NEWEST NEWS IN CHAPTER CHATTER.
Make a Tax -Smart IRA Gift
If you are 70½ or older, you can make a difference today by transferring up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to Hadassah without recognizing those funds as income for federal tax purposes.
The IRA charitable rollover is only available until the end of 2013, so act now!
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!