The SPCA of Texas is calling all youth to participate in the Strut Your Mutt Youth Fundraising Challenge. It's all to help the SPCA of Texas rescue, heal and find homes for thousands of animals in 2012.
The team that raises the most money will get their photo and story featured on the SPCA of Texas webpage!
Any school or youth organization made up of students between the ages of 5 and 17 years old. Examples of organizations include NHS, NJHS, Boy and Girl Scout Troops, FCCLA, etc.
How do we get started?
- Recruit an adult to be the team leader.
- Choose your team name.
- The team leader should fill out the registration form provided and return to Kim Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 214-461-1801, 2400 Lone Star Dr. Dallas, TX 75212) by February 1, 2012.
- The team leader will receive an email notification when the registration form has been processed. 5. Set up your online fundraising page and start collecting donations!
What's the prize?
The team that raises the most money will get their photo and story featured on the SPCA of Texas webpage, SPCA of Texas Facebook Fan Page and the Strut Your Mutt newsletter! Your group will also win a popsicle party from the SPCA of Texas!
The SPCA of Texas is the leading animal welfare agency in North Texas. The non-profit organization operates two shelters and two spay/neuter clinics located in Dallas and McKinney, and maintains a team of five animal cruelty investigators to respond to thousands of calls in eight North Texas counties.
Moreover, the SPCA of Texas serves as an active resource center for an array of services that bring people and animals together to enrich each others' lives.
The SPCA of Texas is not affiliated with any other entity and does not receive general operating funds from the City of Dallas, State of Texas, federal government or any other humane organization. The SPCA of Texas is dedicated to providing every animal exceptional care and a loving home.
Here's the fine print:
- Participating schools/organizations must be made up of youth between the ages of 5 and 17 years old.
- Each school/organization will choose an adult team leader. The team leader must fill out the registration form and submit it to Kim Taylor by February 1, 2012. The team leader will receive an email notification with their fundraising page information.
- The School Challenge will begin on February 6, 2012 and end on March 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm.
- The winning school/organization will be notified by March 14 2012.