You are not alone...join our team to REALLY make a DIFFERENCE.
The Midlands Community Teams are comprised of a group of individuals who are dedicated to raising awareness and life-saving financial contributions to combat heart disease and stroke within our community. We are friends, families or survivors of heart disease or stroke and our primary goal is to band together as a team to help the American Heart Association further its mission.
Heart Disease and Stroke are the nation's #1 and #3 killers. Here in South Carolina, we are fighting hard to change these numbers. But, we can't support research and education without YOU. We're looking for people to come and Walk with us, RAISE money and have FUN!
It's easy to join!
1. Click here to join the Community Teams. Don't forget to add this page to your favorites!
- Click on the link "Create New Team" if you want to start a team for our Upstate Heart Walk. Or if you are joining an existing team click on "Join Team" by the corresponding team
- Next click on 'I agree' to the waiver.
- Continue with registration process Note: If you participated last year, we remember you! Click on 'click here' to auto fill the form.
3. Customize Your Personal Webpage
- Click on the 'My Webpage' tab.
- Upload a picture, edit the caption and personalize the text to share your story.
- Don't forget to click 'Submit' when you're done!
- If you are a Team Leader, you can also customize your team's page. Simply click on 'Edit Team Page' and upload photos or tell the story of why your team is walking.
- Note: Photos must be in a .jpeg or .gif format and must be 100k or less.
4. Send customized emails to your friends and family inviting them to join your team or make a donation towards your fund-raising goal.
- The Email Center contains recruitment, solicitation and thank-you templates. Put the salutation in the left-hand column and the email address in the right-hand column.
- Enter contacts into the Address Book so you can keep track of who's joined your team or donated to you.
- Templates are provided to get you started, but personalize them so that people know why you are participating.
- Online contributors will receive an instant, system-generated receipt for taxes, along with a thank you note. Your donors will then see their contribution applied to your goal. This secure process ensures that no personal information will be shared.
- Walkers who send no emails raise an average of $84 each. But walkers who send at least one email raise an average of $264!
5. Enter Checks and Cash
- Click on the Tools tab and then Enter Pledge to enter your donor's information.
- After submitting your donor's information, mail your check(s) to the American Heart Association.
- Upon receipt, we will confirm the donation and you will see it applied to your goal.
Please note: You will not see this money applied to your goal until it is received by the AHA. It is very important that you enter your checks and cash so that we may accurately credit you for the donation.
If you have cash to turn in, please contact the AHA to schedule a pick-up.