2018 ASA WingMan Harford County
Crossing the finish line for
Athletes Serving Athletes!
|The WINGMAN Program is specifically designed to empower ASA athletes living with little to no mobility, but whose hearts hold the desire to race in mainstream running events, the opportunity to compete. Each of these ASA athletes is supported by his or her own unique WingMan Team.|
A WingMan Team consists of an ASA athlete, a variety of WingMen, and a WingMan Captain. The WingMen work together to provide the encouragement and emotional and physical support needed to help the ASA athlete experience the thrill of crossing the finish line.
1. Review the FAQs and detailed Program Information at www.athletesservingathletes.org
2. Complete a WingMan Application. (Returning WingMen can skip this step.)
3. The ASA WingManager will be in touch once application is received.
4. Pick a race with the help of your community coordinator
5. Start a fundraising page and share your experience with your friends, family and co-workers and encourage them to support you and even join you!
6. Attend one or more group running sessions to meet athletes and become familiar with the running equipment.
7. Sport your issued Team ASA running top in any race as you cross the Finish line with others and FOR others!