ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk - Harrisburg
Friday, September 26, 2014
Lace up your sneakers and join Urology of Central Pennsylvania at the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk - Harrisburg on Friday, September 26, 2014 at City Island. The race is part of the ZERO Prostate Cancer Challenge – the premier men’s health event series in America – coming to more than three-dozen cities across the nation in 2014. This tight-knit community activity brings together athletes, doctors, cancer survivors and those who care about them to end prostate cancer. We aim to accomplish our goal by funding research and providing free testing and education.
Where the Money Goes
- All dollars raised are split 50/50 between our local community and national efforts to fund research, testing, and education for men and their families.
- 50 cents of every dollar raised stays in our local community to fund research, testing and support.
- 50 cents of every dollar funds national advocacy efforts to increase and protect federal dollars for prostate cancer research. Every dollar dedicated to advocacy is converted into $9 for research!
- Since 2008, ZERO has awarded $1.5M toward research and local prostate cancer programs and provided more than 50,000 free tests.
Your Registration and Help
- Your registration fee gives a patient in need a ride to the doctor’s office for treatment.
- A $50 donation educates up to 10 men and their families about prostate cancer.
- Getting friends and family to contribute a total of $100 provides a free test to a man at risk.
- Raising $250 enables an advocate to spend a day on Capitol Hill to help raise awareness and support for research funds.