Donation Deadline: October 27th
Thank you to the 3,000+ South Florida Residents that came out to Walk to End Lupus Now on Saturday, September 27th at Jungle Island in Miami. What an amazing turn out! We are so close to reaching our goal of $125,000 to help us fund critical programs of research, education, and advocacy. By reaching our goal, we will become the Largest Lupus Walk in the state of Florida! Help us reach this amazing milestone and donate today!
Help Us Reach Our Goal!
We envision a life free of lupus and know you do as well. Please continue asking your friends and family for donations to help us accomplish our goal. By asking 10 friends for only $10, you can easily raise $100 for LFA. The donation deadline is October 27th.
Don't forget about Matching Gifts! Many companies will match donations made by employees and retirees to eligible charitable organizations, like LFA. Check out our Matching Gifts link on the left sidebar and find out if your company has a matching gift policy.
Join the Fight
Walk to End Lupus NowTM events are conducted nationwide by the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA) and its national network to raise money for lupus research, increase awareness of lupus, and rally public support for those who suffer from its brutal impact. Each year, thousands of people across the country join forces with the LFA and walk with one unified purpose--to end lupus.
Lupus is one of the cruelest, most mysterious diseases on earth--it strikes without warning, has unpredictable, sometimes fatal effects, lasts a lifetime, and has no known cause and no known cure. It is more pervasive than people think, and impacts people on a scale that the public does not realize.
People like you are now becoming aware of how urgently resources are needed to fight lupus, and to help those who suffer from it. If you join the fight, we will not have to concede victory to this terrible disease.
If you join the fight, we will be able to solve the cruel mystery of lupus in our lifetime and end its devastating impact on millions of lives.
- 1. Register - Start a team, join a team, or sign-up as an individual.
- 2. Set a fundraising goal for yourself, or your team - We suggest a $100 minimum for each individual because individuals raising $100 or more earn prizes for their efforts.
- 3. Raise money - Set up your personal fundraising page and share your story. People will be more likely to give if they know why you are walking and how important this cause is to you.
- 4. Spread the word - Tell everyone you know what you are involved in and why, then ask for support. If you don't ask, they can't say yes.
- 5. Walk - Come together with all people who are supporting this event and celebrate all the hard work in raising essential funds and spreading awareness of lupus.