Lupus Foundation of America, DC/MD/VA Chapter Presents
Active for Lupus 2014
Current Featured Event
Team RunWalkCrawl 2014
Raise money for the Lupus Foundation of America, DC/MD/VA Chapter through a series of road races and other events throughout 2014.
Support LFA-DMV while being active!
Welcome Friends, to the Lupus Foundation of America, DC/MD/VA Chapter's 2013 Active for Lupus website! This page will serve as a central hub for a variety of organized activities for running, cycling, swimming and more. While participating in these events we ask that you do so on behalf of LFA-DMV, garner support from your friends, family and coworkers to help us give those with lupus a fighting chance!
With a lot of enthusiasm and some planning, you can help raise much needed funds for the free programs and services we provide to lupus patients and their families. You could even become a top participant and get featured on our website! Check out the resources in the menu to help with fundraising. Sign up today join Team RunWalkCrawl.
Several years ago, a few friends came together to run a 1/2 marathon and donate a little money. Since then we've added a few more friends and have made a year-long commitment to running, walking and donating!! And we want you to join us!!
Team RunWalkCrawl welcomes racers of all abilities. What is most important is working toward a goal and finishing however you are able. Hence, our motto is Run… Walk… Crawl… Finish! In addition to participating in races, we are committed to raising money to find a cure for lupus. Check out and join us on our Facebook Page .
Please join us in running, walking, and fundraising!
Here is what you can expect if you decide to Run for Lupus with Team RunWalkCrawl.
First we will provide you with…
- LFA-DMV t-shirt
- Performance-style Lupus Team t-shirt
- Pasta dinner during the year where you will meet board members, staff, volunteers and other runners like yourself.
- Fundraising support through personalized websites, pre-formed solicitation letters, thank you notes and much more.
- E-newsletters with running tips and fundraising help.
- The opportunity to realize your fitness goals and celebrate achieving them!
In exchange, we recommend that you raise $1,000 or more in support for the Lupus Foundation of America, DC/MD/VA Chapter. These much needed funds will go directly towards supporting free patient services and health education for more than 80,000 people living with lupus in DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Should you choose to set your goals higher you will receive…
- $1,000 – Limited edition Lupus umbrella
- $1,500 – Limited edition Lupus fleece blanket
- $2,000 – Guaranteed spot in the 39th Annual Marine Corps Marathon (NOTE: Funds must be raised by August 1, 2014)
- $3,000+ – 2 night stay in Washington DC area hotel before the Marine Corps Marathon
If you have any questions or concerns please call 202-787-5380 or email email@example.com.
1. To sign up as an individual participant, click on the "Register Here" button above.
2. To find an individual, click on the "Register Here" button or "search" in the "Top Fundraisers" box.
3. Achieve your fundraising goal by sending personalized e-mails to your friends and family asking for their support.
Enjoy being active while helping fight lupus!
The Lupus Foundation of America, DC/MD/VA Chapter is dedicated to finding the causes of and cure for lupus and providing support and services to all people affected by lupus.
Lupus is a debilitating autoimmune disease for which there is no cure. Lupus primarily affects women in their child-bearing years (15-45) and is 2-3 times more likely to affect women of color. Lupus can affect any organ of the body, often attacking the kidneys, heart, lungs, and brain. The disease can manifest itself as chronic fatigue, joint pain and a characteristic butterfly shaped rash across the nose and cheeks.
Those living with lupus often feel alone and misunderstood because they don’t “look sick.” Lupus symptoms vary incredibly from person to person and therefore it can take years and multiple doctors to diagnose and then find the correct treatment
We cannot achieve our goals, provide patient programs and services, support research and spread awareness about lupus without each and every one of you. Please help us put a face on this little known disease. Help us make lupus a household name by being Active for Lupus!
Suggested Events Include:
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
The Marine Corps Historic Half
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach ½ Marathon
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Baltimore Running Festival
Saturday, October 18, 2014