Team Mobility Program Information
We're looking for athletes who are ready to take action. Those who want to compete for more than a medal. People who want to celebrate their mobility by using it as a way to provide dignity, independence, and hope to people around the world by helping us provide the gift of a wheelchair.
Team Mobility is part of our larger umbrella program called Ambassadors for Mobility. The Ambassadors for Mobility program supports those who are generally looking to raise funds and awareness, while Team Mobility is specifically designed to support athletes and fundraising through athletic events. Our Team Mobility Ambassadors are:
- Passionate advocates who care about the people with disabilities and want to do something about it
- Convinced that giving the gift of a wheelchair changes peoples' lives
- Willing to share about Free Wheelchair Mission with friends, family, and those in their community
- Open to speak in front of groups, put on events, or volunteer their time to help FWM
- Excited to be the voice for those who are still on the ground and without a wheelchair
- Eager to get others involved with FWM
All Team Mobility participants are encouraged to fundraise - however there is no fundraising requirement or minimum fundraising level required in order to participate in the program.
All Team Mobility participants receive:
- A free personalized online fundraising webpage where donations can be made safely & securely to support your fundraising efforts
- Access to fundraising guides, how-to's, and materials
- The opportunity to qualify for prizes such as FWM race gear, and even race registration fee reimbursements* (Conditions apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
How can I get involved with Team Mobility?
There are 3 ways to get started:
1. Join the Free Wheelchair Mission team at one of our official upcoming athletic events
2. Sign up and fundraise for a race you've already registered for. Set up your page now.
3. Adopt FWM to be the beneficiary for a brand-new athletic / sporting event. (Contact Ariel Rigney at email@example.com to learn how.)
Program Manager Contact Info:
949-273-8470 ext 222
Free Wheelchair Mission Founder Don Schoendorfer on a cross-country bike ride for FWM!
It takes so little to do so much. Get active to lift lives!