Creative Fundraising to Make Wishes Come True
For organizations that allow casual dress daily or want to encourage additional donations, below are some creative alternatives which may be used during your own custom "Make-A-Wish Week":
- Jerseys for Wishes - allow employees or students to wear a jersey or t-shirt to support their favorite team--especially as college basketball tournament season begins.
- Pajama Days - allow employees or students to wear pajamas to the office or to school for a day.
- Hat Days - allow employees or students to wear a hat for the day.
- Matching Gifts - double your donation by checking to see if your company has a matching gift program.
- Spirit Days - dedicate the day to your office or school colors.
- Bake Sales - host a bake sale at your organization.
- Black Tie Monday - dress up instead of dressing down.
- Extra Time in the Sun - allow employees or students an extra 30 minutes at lunch or on the playground.
- Linger Longer on the Beach - raffle off an extra vacation day; who wouldn't takea chance on this.
- Drive Up Wishes - raffle off the boss's parking space; the winner parks in the boss's spot for a week.
- Brown Bag Lunch Day - ask your co-workers to bring in their lunch one dayand donate the money they would have spent to Make-A-Wish.
Wishing Wells - collect all your extra change that you have lying around the house.