The Wellspring Warrior Program is a unique component of The Peloton Challenge Ride experience. A Warrior is someone who is facing a cancer journey or who has survived the cancer experience. The Warriors provide inspiration and motivation for the riders and volunteers by sharing their story and provide focus on why the Ride is taking place...to bring awareness and support the cancer cause. They are the special guests of the ride teams and serve as Wellspring ambassadors in Las Vegas. They do not have to be current members of Wellspring but will be expected to familiarize themselves with the services of the organization, and be willing to attend and assist in some promotional events leading up to the ride.
Wellspring is looking for individuals who are available to:
• Be Wellspring ambassadors and participate in outreach activities associated with the Wellspring Ride for Cancer Support, Peloton Challenge
• Help fundraise for the Peloton Challenge “Friends of the Peloton” program to support the event and cancer cause
• Set up an online fundraising page (Wellspring to provide the online tool)
• Share their cancer experience
• Travel to Las Vegas from September 28 – October 30, 2018
Wellspring will provide each Warrior with:
• Two nights’ accommodation in Las Vegas (based on shared accommodations)
• Return airfare from Toronto to Las Vegas (Warriors are responsible for booking their own flights and get reimbursed up to $600 CDN, including taxes)
• Transportation to and from the airport in Las Vegas
• Meal expenses will be covered for three days in Las Vegas
Supporters, spouses, family or friends who wish to accompany the Wellspring Warrior to Las Vegas are responsible for their own personal and travel expenses.
To apply or nominate an individual for the 2018 Warrior program, click here.