you for your interest in putting together a team for the Richmond SPCA’s 16th
annual Dog Jog and 5K Run! Proceeds from this event support the lifesaving
programs and services of the Richmond SPCA, a non-profit humane society that is
building a more compassionate community through the provision of programs of education,
adoption, rehabilitation and spay/neuter. Your work to secure donations to your page (or your team page) will help the Richmond SPCA save thousands of homeless pets in our community, and can win you amazing prizes!
Your First Steps
• Create a team and register yourself as a team captain online. If you prefer to register offline, you may use our offline registration form.
• Enhance your team and personal web pages with photos, stories and other personal touches.
• Begin recruiting team members via email, social media and phone.
• Begin collecting contributions.
Keep the Ball Rolling
• Communicate with your team on a weekly basis. Keep them updated on your progress as a team,
event news, etc.
• Continue recruiting new team members and collecting donations. You may mail checks to the Richmond SPCA at 2519 Hermitage Road, Richmond, VA 23220 and drop of cash in person at our front desk.
• Use your company email or school newsletters to distribute information about the event.
• Make a list of and contact businesses who may want to contribute to your team.
The Home Stretch!
• Ask team members to recruit a friend to join the team.
• Decide if your team will be dressing in themed outfits at the Dog Jog and 5K Run.
• Host a team fundraiser! Ideas include a yard sale, car wash or a bake sale.
• Send a team email update with a time and select a place for your team to meet at the event (The Diamond parking lot, Richmond SPCA sign, Richmond SPCA second floor Track and Training center, etc.).
The Week of the Event
• Be sure that you have all event details from our website or on our Dog Jog and 5K Run Facebook page, and communicate those details to your team members.
• Remind your team what time and where to meet at the event.
• Decide whether team members will pick up their own goodie bags, bib numbers (5K participants only) and T-shirts in advance of the event, or if you will do that for them. Be sure to communicate
this to your team members. If you would like to pick up your team's goodie bags, bib numbers (5K participants only) and T-shirts, please email us at email@example.com or call 804-521-1318 so we may put together a box for you to pick up.
• Continue to collect donations!
The Day of the Dog Jog and 5K Run
• Meet your team at your selected location and time.
• Turn in donations from all team members at the registration area (you may do this ahead of time as well).
• Enjoy the day!
After the Event
• Collect and turn in any additional donations.
• Congratulate and thank your team members for their time, effort and dedication.
• Thank those who supported your team by making a donation.