2017 Jingle Bell Run - Sioux Falls -
Celebrating 11 Years of Jingling for
Event Information and Details:
Arthritis Foundation's long-running Jingle Bell Run - Sioux Falls began in
Sioux Falls 2007 and continues to be a fun family focused festive race that
helps to champion arthritis research and brings people from all walks of life
together, to say Yes to furthering
this great cause.
annual holiday event is a fun way to get out, get moving and raise funds and
awareness. Whether you prefer to walk or
run or help us cheer on the Jingle Bell Run/Walk participants, wear your ugly
Christmas sweater or tie bells to you shoes, this event is sure to spread
smiles, holiday cheer and a winning spirit.
Join our community of champions. Together, we are the Champions of Yes for the 160,000 adults and over 1000 children affected by arthritis is South Dakota. Mark your calendars!
1. Packet pick-up will be held Saturday, November 25, 2017 at the Center
for Ministry, Community Center Room, 225 East 11th Street, Suite
104, Sioux Falls, SD 57104. Enter
through door on the west side off 2nd Avenue. T-shirts and race bibs
will be available on-site day of race, beginning at 8:00 am. This is southwest of corner of 11th
and 2nd Avenue.
2. Race fee
includes fun run electronic timing, long sleeve t-shirt, bells for your shoes
and a safe run route along the beautiful Sioux River Bike Trails, finishing
medals for the first 3 places - Women's, Men's, Young Teens - 17 - 11 years and
Children 11 years & under and an award ceremony.
3. Pre-race and Post-Race Stretching will be provided by Athletico Physical Therapy.
4. While the primary goal of the Jingle Bell Run is to raise awareness of the impact arthritis has on everyday life for those who are afflicted, it is also to raise funds to help support the mission of the Arthritis Foundation and find a cure for arthritis. But our goal is to also have a fun safe event! We all know November weather in SD can be unpredictable, so please be aware - it is our intent to ensure the safety of the participants. Should a Snow Event occur within 48 hours of the race start time, we cannot guarantee the bike trails will be cleared and this may result in changes to the event:
a. With 1 inch of snow cover - the option may be to walk only, or to run on snow
as long as there is no ice under the snow
c. In either situation, the route may also be altered or shortened to ensure safety of the
d. Ice on the trails - for the safety of the participants, will cancel the event - registration
fees not be refunded, will not rescheduled the event.
e. In the event of more snow, and City Weather Emergency announcements - the
event will be cancelled - no refund, no reschedule.
In the event of severe wind chill
conditions - the event will be cancelled - no refund,
5. Friendly leashed dogs are welcomed. Please follow park pet guidelines and remember to clean-up after your dog. Also, weather conditions may have an impact on your pet,
please remember to provide appropriate safeguards for the weather conditions.
6. Please remember November temperatures may be cold - even when the sun is shining. It is important to dress for the weather conditions in order to prevent injury to exposed skin.
7. ADA and VIP parking (requires VIP Parking Pass) is available, areas to be determined. If ADA accommodations are needed, please contact the Arthritis Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-201-7973 at least 5 business days prior to the event. There are a limited number of ADA parking designated street side parking on 3rd Avenue. The Foundation Office will be closed in recognition of Thanksgiving on Thursday and Friday, November 23 - 24, 2017.
8. Free parking is available in City Parking
Lots marked with a Gold P, more information is available on Sioux Falls City
website. Public parking is available at
235 West 10th Street and 230 South Phillips Avenue, entrance on 11th
Street. Free meter parking is offered on
weekends and City Holidays. Additionally,
Avera has given permission to park in the
9. ADA accessible portable restrooms are available on-site.
10. ** Jingle in Your Jammies **
Want to show your support, but cannot attend the event? For $25.00 you can register to Jingle in Your Jammies from the comfort of your home! Earn a 2017 t-shirt, which will be available to pick up at the Packet Pick up on Saturday, November 25 beginning at
11. Food Trucks will be on-site with brunch items, hot chocolate, coffee and juice.