New Ronald McDonald House BCSince 1983, we have opened our doors and arms to overwhelmed families when they must travel to Vancouver for their child's medical treatment. However, our House on Angus Drive could accommodate just 13 families at a time. That is why we built a new Ronald McDonald House, which opened to families in July 2014.
Situated on the campus of BC Women's and Children’s Hospital, the new Ronald McDonald House BC can serve the needs of up to 73 families at a time – that’s 30,000 nights annually!
The new House features:
• Accommodation for the entire family in spacious private guestrooms, each with their own 5-piece bathroom for improved hygiene, and maybe the occasional bubble bath.
• Wholesome home-style meals in our four professionally equipped kitchens and tastefully decorated dining rooms.
• Fun and games for all ages. Whether on the playground, on the sports court, or playing the latest video or board game with a new friend, Ronald McDonald House BC believes in the healing power of play.
• An Arts & Crafts Studio, Teen Lounge, Lego Lounge, indoor and outdoor play areas and more.
• Teens Only Lounge, an adult-free zone where our guests who are too young to vote can hang out with friends and siblings.
• Wi-Fi throughout the House and grounds, making it easy to stay connected to friends, school or work.
• Indoor fitness centre, helping parents to stay active during their stay.
• All of these great amenities are only steps from BC Children’s Hospital.