Fundraising Tips for Your Personal Fundraising Project
Thanks for helping make miracles happen at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Here are some tips for making the most of your personal fundraising page.
- Create your personal fundraising page!
- Personalize! Update your personal donation page and team page.
- Use your email center to ask your friends and family to donate.
- Post updates on social media.
- Track your progress and thank your donors.
Download a printer-friendly version of these tips.
Step 1: Create your fundraising page!
For an Individual Fundraising Page:
Click on Create a Page and Start Fundraising and complete the registration form. Select the "Join as an Individual" option.
For a Family, Group or Team Fundraising Page:
Click on Create a Page and Start Fundraising and complete the registration form. Select the "Start a Team" or "Join a Team" option.
Step 2: Update your personal donation page and team page
This website doesn't have a "save" button - click the "submit" button when you are finished updating to save your changes.
- Log in to My HQ, your personal fundraising headquarters. Click on "My Webpage" and choose if you would like to edit your Personal Page or Team Page.
- Set a fundraising goal! If you have a personal story, share it.
- Upload any photos related to your fundraising. (Ex: if you're raising money in honor of your nephew, include a picture of your nephew.)
- If you do not have a personal connection to ACH, consider fundraising in honor of any of these patients. Update your donation page with their image and a short version of their story.
- If you are a Team Captain, you can also customize your team's page. Simply click on Edit Team Page and upload photos or tell the story of why your team is participating.
NOTE: Photos must be in a .jpg or .gif format and must be 50KB or less
Step 3: Use your email center to ask your friends and family to donate
Templates are provided to get you started, but personalize them so people know why you are participating.
Create your own mini-address book, so you can store your email contacts. Put the salutation in the left hand column and the e-mail address in the right hand column.
People who donate to your fundraising project will receive an instant, system-generated receipt for taxes along with a thank you note. Then, your donors will see their contribution applied to your goal. This encrypted process ensures that all credit card information stays secure.
Step 4: Post updates on social media
- Update your email signature and include a link to your personal fundraising page. Make sure to include a call to action.
- Facebook has over 1 billion users! Use the site to share your fundraising project with family and friends.
- Post photographs and videos of why you are fundraising and link to your fundraising page.
- If you start a fundraising team, encourage your teammates to share the link to your team page with their personal followers.
- Post updates about your fundraising efforts and include links to your fundraising page.
- Create urgency.
Example: Instead of birthday presents, I am asking everyone to make a gift to Arkansas Children's Hospital in honor of my nephew. He was treated for cancer last year and is doing great. You can find my personal fundraising page here: (insert your website here)
Example: My birthday is in one week, have you donated to Arkansas Children's Hospital yet? (include link to your donation page)
Step 5: Track your progress and thank your donors
Log in to My HQ, your personal fundraising headquarters.
You can access your Reports, see your individual and team donations, and print your Reports.
All donors receive an automatic system-generated email, but a personalized thank you email goes a long way, too!
Contact Elizabeth at 501-364-1491 or email@example.com. Thanks for making miracles happen for the kids at Arkansas Children's Hospital!