The most successful strategy for community fundraising is getting as many people involved in the cause as possible! A great way to do this is to consider your reach through all avenues in your life:
Clubs Schools Service organizations Religious affiliation Social networks Neighbors and friends
Here are some ideas to get started:
- Make flyers and have them ready to hand out wherever you go!
- Get on the agenda at your next neighborhood, PTA, or committee meeting to ask for participation or donations
- Approach school leadership to form a team for students and their parents and faculty
- Approach your religious organization to form a team
- Hold a party for friends and neighbors to learn more about Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Fundraise via email and be sure to use Facebook and other social media sites
- Ask if your company has a matching gift program. Most companies do, and it's an easy way to gain some extra support
- Post your great fundraising ideas to the Children's Hospital Los Angeles Facebook page to share with others. Who knows, you might even learn a new tip!
Kids can "Fun-Raise" too!
- Hold a bake sale, yard sale or lemonade stand with all proceeds benefiting the hospital. Try advertising beforehand in your local paper or by passing out flyers to boost business
- Organize a car wash with a group of friends
- Collect recycling items from family and friends and cash in
- Post a link to your fundraising page on your Facebook page and invite friends to donate
- Make key chains, friendship bracelets or other items and have a craft sale
- Ask permission to put a "coin canister" out at school, work or local businesses
- Offer to be a dog walker or babysitter for your friends and neighbors in exchange for donations
- Instead of presents, ask for donations for your birthday
Contact Ambassadors at 323-361-1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further ideas or assistance.